Opportunity for a Lead Design Engineer to play an intricate role within a global organization. Our client is seeking a driven mechanical designer that is passionate about their work and their products to develop and implement optimal, cost-effective design processes and methods in accordance with the Company’s global processes and standards. This lead Design Engineer position will provide technical product support to clients and Sales as well as be the technical liaison between the US office and other global design groups.
Qualified candidates for the lead Design Engineer position will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5 years’ Design experience with at least 3 of those years being with compressor products
- Past experience calculating product performance using analytical tools and calculations
- Six Sigma certification and SAP knowledge is a plus
Main responsibilities of the lead Design Engineer:
- Improves engineering processes and methods for sizing, cost-reduction, assembly, quality, execution and efficiency.
- Calculate compressor sizing using global programs and effectively communicate results to Sales and Clients.
- Communicate value, advantages and merit of Company’s technology to clients.
- Lead Design Engineer will represent the Company at technical conferences and trade shows.
- Lead Design Engineer will support research, design and development projects relating to products and/or markets and analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings. Furthermore, lead Design Engineer will review product design for compliance with Company standards as well as contract requirements.
- Lead Design Engineer will train team members on new or revised product design.
- Support development of ISO 9001, Quality Management System and HSE within the Company