The Project Engineer will understand and apply the operational parameters and process the respective system, understand local engineering codes, practices and standards, as well as apply Company standards and QA requirements.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design and function of the plant in accordance with specifications.
- Ensure efficient project handling in conformity with customer requirements together with the production of documents contractually specified for delivery.
- Project Engineer will make preparation of technical specifications for accessories, technical evaluation of offers, technical contact and expediting of suppliers in collaboration with QS and Procurement in collaboration with QS and Procurement, when the project manager is not doing project engineering.
- Consistent standardization and permanent optimizing of engineering hours and accessories costs.
- Project Engineer will support the Sales Engineers during the offer phase in complex cases.
- The Project Engineer will take technical direction of the plant designer.
- Contracted-related support of SAP/PS- and DVS modules.
- Coordinate inspections, testing and shipping and to provide link between project management, suppliers and packagers.
- On request from the project manager complete equipment data sheets and other documentation requirements.
- On request from direct supervisors to provide technical support and/or expertise to colleagues in Engineering, to Sales & CSS staff.
- To maintain project documents and electronic files
Qualifications of Project Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in the field of Mechanical or Process Engineering
- 7+years related experience with rotating equipment, reciprocating compressors, and/or related processes
- Knowledge of ANSI and ASME codes
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Technical and creative problem solving skills
- Team player, “can do” attitude, self-starter, and excellent people skills